30 Sept 2016

Review: Dorset Cereals Gingerbread Porridge


I don't usually buy flavoured porridge (I find them too cloying and sweet) but I couldn't resist trying this Gingerbread Porridge from Dorset Cereals. Gingerbread is one of my favourite flavours for new products at this time of year and it's warming nature seems especially appealing for a porridge.


The Dorset Cereals Gingerbread Porridge is described as a creamy blend of oats and barley with real gingerbread pieces. There are 10 sachets in each pack and each serving is 237 calories (with 180ml of semi-skimmed milk). The porridge has plenty of dark gingerbread pieces and I could already smell the familiar scent of ginger and spices as I opened the pack. The actual gingerbread flavour is quite subtle once the porridge is prepared, this is certainly not an overpowering gingerbread. The porridge itself is thick and creamy in texture and the gingerbread adds an extra warmth with it's spiced background flavour. I was also pleased to find that the porridge is not overly sweet, in fact, there's not much sweetness here at all which I prefer. 

Overall, it's definitely worth a try for any fans of gingerbread for it's subtle, warming, not-too-sweet flavour - it's very filling too!

Grocery Gems Review: Dorset Cereals Gingerbread Porridge

RATING: 8 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Purchased: Ocado - also available instore exclusively at Waitrose.
Price: £2.59p.


Check out my previous gingerbread reviews:
Alpro Gingerbread Man Desserts
Walls Gingerbread Sandwich Ice Cream



4 comments:

  1. I love this stuff,it's perfect for a cold morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is - almost makes me appreciate the colder weather!

      Delete
  2. Yum! This must be ideal for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you would really like this one!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...